The Hair Stylist is responsible for performing a range of haircare services to includes professional cuts, styles, chemical services and therapeutic hair and scalp treatments.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Advise Guests on their haircare needs
- Styling and dressing hairpieces and extensions
- Demonstrating and selling styling products
- Learning and perfecting new styles and techniques
- Shaving and trimming beards and mustaches and sideburns
- Trimming, cutting and shaving hair using clippers, scissors, trimmers and razors
- Apply chemical setting, straightening or curling solutions
- Use curlers, rollers, hot irons and curling irons
- Apply hair color, dye and tints
- Administer therapeutic scalp and hair treatments
- Perform shampooing, conditioning and blow-drying services
- Sweeping, cleaning and maintaining the salon to ensure a top-notch appearance
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be on time for your shift and prompt with each appointment.
- Perform services within the appropriate time allotted for the service.
- Provide consistent professional hair treatments in accordance with spa protocols and accepted certification practices.
- Uphold the standards of sanitation and sterilization as directed by law and the spa’s policies and procedures.
- Perform prep work and properly clean and restock work area as required.
- Properly care for equipment and use proper amounts of product to assist in cost control.
- Actively promote the spa, treatments, services and retail as well as programs, promotions and/or discounts available.
- Communicate to management all occurrences involving staff or guests in the spa that require attention.
- Maintain a positive attitude and uphold company core values and Bella Santé commitment.
- Regularly attend, participate in and support training and staff meetings for the spa.
- Assist in all areas of spa operation as requested by management.
This position must hold and maintain a current Massachusetts state license.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- If an offer is made, employment may be contingent upon the successful completion of a CORI check.
- Possess ability to work without direct supervision and contribute to a culture of peer accountability.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Enjoy working with people and possess a friendly and outgoing personality.
- Be flexible with your schedule, supporting the needs of the spa.
- Excellent communication and listening skills, as well as basic computer knowledge.
- Capacity and commitment to learn the product and service knowledge necessary to effectively provide solutions to meet the needs of our guests.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Repeat same movements.
- Use their hands to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Use fingers to grasp, move or assemble objects.
- Use one or two hands to grasp, move or assemble objects.
- Hold the arm and hand in one position or hold the hand steady while moving the arm.
- Bend, stretch or twist the body.
Local travel to meetings and training may be required.
Performance will be discussed with Direct Manager and/or Trainer on a regular basis.