The Massage Therapist administers professional massage and body treatments to our guests.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide consistent professional massage and body treatments in accordance with spa protocols and accepted certification practices.
- Effectively inform and educate our guests about specific wellness concerns and recommend appropriate treatment plan.
- Properly care for equipment and use proper amounts of product to assist with cost controls.
- Uphold the standards of sanitation and sterilization as directed by law and the spa’s policies and procedures.
- Perform prep work, properly clean and restock room as required and complete Star duty when assigned.
- Actively promote the spa, treatments, services and retail, as well as programs, promotions and/or discounts available.
- Have complete knowledge and understanding of all products offered.
- Be prompt with each appointment and perform services within the appropriate time allotted for the service.
- Handle guests’ questions and concerns professionally and courteously.
- Maintain a positive attitude and uphold company core values and Bella Santé commitment.
- Regularly attend, participate in and support training and staff meetings for the spa.
- All FT New Hires must follow up with a minimum of 16 guests per month via email or phone; PT New Hires must follow up with a minimum of 8 guests per month via email or phone.
This position must hold and maintain a current Massachusetts state license.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- If an offer is made, employment may be contingent upon the successful completion of a CORI check.
- Possess a general understanding of body treatments and massage modalities.
- Possess ability to work without direct supervision and contribute to a culture of peer accountability.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Enjoy working with people and possess a friendly and outgoing personality.
- Be flexible with your schedule, supporting the needs of the spa.
- Excellent communication and listening skills, as well as basic computer knowledge.
- Capacity and commitment to learn the product and service knowledge necessary to effectively provide wellness solutions to meet the needs of our guests.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
- This position is considered a physically demanding position.
- This position may give several treatments during a workday. Using proper techniques is required.
- This position must be able to stay on their feet throughout massage appointments.
- Able to reach, bend, climb, grasp, kneel, push, pull and twist as needed.
- Must read and write English in a clear and concise manner.
Local travel to meetings and training may be required.
Performance will be discussed with Direct Manager and/or Trainer on a regular basis.