The Spa Concierge is responsible for the reception area at the spa including greeting of all guests, answering phone calls, assisting guests with questions regarding spa services and products. This position is also responsible for booking appointments, checking the guest into the computer system and charging for services performed.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Properly open and close spa each day according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Accurately book, change and cancel spa appointments.
- Provide detailed descriptions of spa treatments, packages, services, facility features and hours of operation.
- Maintain the spa register through proper open, pre-close and close procedures, and communicate any discrepancies to management.
- Actively promote the spa, treatments, services, sessions and retail, as well as programs, promotions and/or discounts available.
- Handle guests questions and concerns professionally and courteously.
- Provide accurate, appropriate and immediate responses to all requests by guests, ensuring complete guest satisfaction.
- Maintain a clean; safe, fully stocked and well organized work area.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be on time for your shift.
- Acknowledge and greet everyone who enters and leaves spa facilities.
- Answer the phone promptly and use the guest’s name throughout the phone conversation.
- Maintain eye contact when addressing external and internal guests.
- Communicate to management all occurrences involving staff or guests in the spa that require attention.
- Attend, participate in and support training and staff meetings for the spa.
- Utilize spa computers with skill and proficiency.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- If an offer is made, employment may be contingent upon the successful completion of a CORI check.
- Possess ability to work without direct supervision and contribute to a culture of peer accountability.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Detail oriented and ability to multi-task.
- Enjoy working with people and possess a friendly and outgoing personality.
- Be flexible with your schedule, supporting the needs of the spa.
- Excellent communication and listening skills, as well as basic computer knowledge.
- Must possess basic math and money handling skills.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
- This position must be able to stay on their feet for long periods of time.
- Able to reach, bend, climb, grasp, kneel, push, pull and twist as needed.
- Must read and write English in a clear and concise manner.
Local travel to meetings and training may be required.
Performance will be discussed with the Spa Director on a regular basis