This position’s primary responsibility is for laundering all towels, sheets and robes in the facility. They are also responsible for maintaining the main areas of the Spa to include the lounge, locker rooms and laundry areas by keeping them neat, clean and stocked with all amenities.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Launder all towels, sheets and robes.
- Distribute towels and robes in locker rooms
- Maintain a full stock in the laundry room for technicians throughout the day.
- Stock locker room with amenities and maintain its inventory using inventory sheets.
- Properly care for laundry equipment, inform Spa Director of any maintenance needs.
- Use proper amounts of product to assist with cost controls.
- Perform a variety of cleaning activities such as sweeping, mopping, dusting and polishing
- Uphold the standards of sanitation as directed by law and the spa’s policies and procedures for all areas responsible for.
- Inspect and ensure all areas responsible for are cared for according to Spa Standards
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be on time for your shift.
- Communicate to management all occurrences involving staff or guests in the spa that require attention.
- Attend, participate in and support training and staff meetings for the spa.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- If an offer is made, employment may be contingent upon the successful completion of a CORI check.
- Proven experience as a cleaner or housekeeper
- Knowledge of the English Language
- Detail oriented and ability to multi-task.
- Prioritization and time management skills.
- Possess ability to work without direct supervision and contribute to a culture of peer accountability.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Enjoy working with people and possess a friendly and outgoing personality.
- Be flexible with your schedule, supporting the needs of the spa.
- Excellent communication and listening skills, as well as basic computer knowledge.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Must be able to lift 10 pounds on a consistent basis
- Must be able to walk, stand, bend, stretch, twist and squat throughout the shift.
- Repeat same movements.
- Use their hands to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Use fingers to grasp, move or assemble objects.
- Use one or two hands to grasp, move or assemble objects.
Local travel to meetings and training may be required.
Performance will be discussed with the Spa Director on a regular basis.