What Is Dermaplaning?
Different from Dermabrasion, this treatment will soften your skin by safely removing unwanted vellus hair (also known as peach fuzz) and dead skin cells, without using any harsh abrasives. Using a hand-held instrument, dermaplaning exfoliates at a much deeper level than dermabrasion. It results in a smoother, more even skin tone and allows for deeper product penetration.
Dermaplaning can be performed as a stand alone treatment or as pre-treatment for one of our medical grade peels.
for skin that is: in need of a pick-me-up
benefits: prepares skin for complete absorption
results: soft, perfectly prepped skin
Frequently Asked Questions About Dermaplaning:
Where can I get a dermaplaning facial?
We offer dermaplaning in Boston, Wellesley and Lexington Med Spas. Speak with your esthetician to assess your custom needs. Some guests will receive dermaplane as a stand alone treatment, while others will receive it as a pre-treatment or during a medical grade facial.
What are the benefits of dermaplaning?
- Exfoliation to reveal a smoother and brighter complexion while promoting cell turnover for skin rejuvenation.
- Product absorption. Skincare products can penetrate deeper and deliver more noticeable results post a dermaplaning facial.
- Dermaplaning can help enhance skin texture by reducing the appearance of roughness, acne scars, and fine lines, resulting in a softer and more even skin surface.
- The treatment provides an instant radiance boost, leaving your skin looking fresh and revitalized.
- Dermaplaning creates a smooth canvas for makeup application, as it removes unwanted hair and dead skin, allowing foundation and other makeup products to glide on seamlessly for a flawless finish.
Is Dermaplaning safe?
Dermaplaning by a trained medical esthetician at one of our med spas in Boston, Lexington and Wellesley is a safe and non-invasive procedure suitable for most skin types. It doesn't involve harsh chemicals or downtime, making it a convenient option for those seeking quick and effective skin rejuvenation. Remember to consult with a skincare professional or dermatologist to determine if dermaplaning is suitable for your specific skin needs and concerns.